We are seeking a firmware engineer to develop new, cutting-edge IoT devices. The firmware engineer will be a key player in the overall product development process. We’re a distributed company with team members spanning the globe, but hardware development is being conducted in the Boston Metro-West area. This is a full-time position, with some limited travel. This is a contract-to-hire position. The start date is ASAP.
- Document all financial transactions in QuickBooks and other financial management systems. Maintain and balance general and subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling entries. Maintain and balance general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Manage historical records by filing documents on company filing systems, as applicable.
- Update and ensure organization of financial files, contracting and payroll files of local employees, monthly financial reports, quarterly reports, invoices and ad hoc reports.
- Support preparation of managerial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by keeping up to date with regulations and correspondence provided by relevant governments entities; filing reports; advising management on needed actions, as applicable. Prior experience with European tax requirements is a plus.
- Assist Finance & Grants Manager in financial management of Hala grant contracts, ensuring strict adherence to Hala policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations; includes ensuring that incurred costs are allowable and reasonable.
- Provide administrative support for a well-functioning accounting team in maintaining accounting files (receipts, disbursements and non-payments documents) in accordance with Hala system policies and filing standards.
- Assist in facilitation of accounting cycle to include preparation of appropriate supporting documentation of journal entries, payment requests, and bank reconciliations.
- Assist the Finance & Grants Manager to facilitate proper authorization and approval and timely processing of payment/reimbursement requests for employees/suppliers/vendors.
- Perform internal audits of fixed assets and petty cash records; maintain Fixed Assets inventory, in accordance to Hala system policies and donor requirements.
- Prepare submission of all tax withholdings (payroll income tax, Social Security contributions) and corresponding reports (VAT reports) to relevant parties, with guidance from Hala’s external tax and regulatory support, as needed.
- Facilitate the gathering of payroll supporting documents prior to payroll preparation. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Finance & Grants Manager
Financial Accounting & Management
- Manage timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, tax obligations, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables.
- Implement ongoing finance and accounting processes, including monthly financial close, equipment purchases and fixed assets inventory, accounts payable, reconciliations, and updates to the chart of accounts. Implement end-of-year accounting process, both for the business and for grant contracts.
- Review payment vouchers and month-end sub journals to ensure clarity of descriptions, exchange rate and correct coding of expenses.
- Prepare Journal Entries for grant allocations on a monthly basis. Make journal entries in QuickBooks (or other preferred accounting software) in an oversight capacity, as needed.
- Monitor advance accounts and accrual and suspense accounts, ensuring they are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Generate grant cash flow plans in coordination with the Assoc. Director of Grants Admin, & Compliance and the Associate Director of Corporate Finance/Strategy/Ops to ensure that sufficient cash is available for project implementation.
- Ensure that grant and company-specific audit queries are responded to in a timely manner and that audit recommendations arising from such audits are promptly implemented.
- Ensure compliance with Hala System’s procurement policies and procedures for all goods and services, as they pertain to financial management and financial operations.
- Plan and implement periodic visits to the field operational areas to review grant implementation and reporting processes and to gain assurance that all donor requirements are being complied with as appropriate.
- Hold responsibility for monitoring monthly costs using a budget monitor and grants database, tracking contract expenditures against budget and total obligated funds; includes performing invoice review and corrections to ensure accuracy and compliance with donor requirements.
- On a monthly basis, prepare internal Budget versus Actual reports, including brief commentary on matters identified.
- Manage re-forecasting of grant-specific expenses using level of effort (LOE) and recruitment updates, as well as subcontractor-related project needs and statements of work; ensure the accuracy of re-forecasts for the Hala company budget and contract-specific budgets.
- Review and determine causes for variances to the budget and prepare required notices to be sent to donors regarding status of funds.
- Coordinate and support budget realignments and regular budget reviews, when relevant.
- Liaise with Hala’s operations and technology teams to understand project needs. Support staff capacity building on utilization of a budget monitor tool and financial management best practices.
- Support internal audits and reviews, as required.
- Contribute to weekly, monthly, or project-specific reporting for different grants, as defined by contract documents and as needed by the Associate Director, Grants Admin & Compliance.