Engineering - Software
Download Job Description
- Write clean, maintainable code in a collaborative environment.
- Communicate progress throughout the development process.
- Maintain security best practices, both personally, and in the development of applications.
- Work with the rest of the Engineering team on incoming proposals to create viable project estimates.
- Break down requirements, wireframes, user stories, and designs into discrete pieces of work to be executed by the Engineering team.
- Participate in scoping, planning, and process related meetings and conversations regularly.
- Refactor code as part of regular maintenance.
- Write testable code and documentation as part of the development process
- Troubleshoot bugs and apply fixes in a timely manner.
- Research technologies and best practices in order to make technical and architectural decisions.
- Work with the Lead Software Engineer to ensure timelines are clear, and notify the team in the event of delays.
Download Job Description
- Coordinate the cross-functional team throughout all project management phases of a particular project.
- Ensure that all team members have the required information and resources to carry out their tasks effectively.
- Monitor the team’s work time and timesheets.
- Manage large and diverse teams and projects (sometimes simultaneously).
- Lead daily/weekly stand-ups and meetings.
- Meet with individual team members to find and fix any project-specific issues, training and workshop facilitation.
- Foster a work culture based on accountability.
- Manage communication with external and internal stakeholders (customers, sponsors, executives, etc.).
- Engage and guide stakeholders.
- Organize and participate in customer meetings.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate communications between all company units to ensure customer needs are met.
General Business Skills
- Help maintain business relationships.
- Contribute to the development of the company, its processes, and its projects.
- Recommend further improvements to company and program-specific processes.
- Align the company’s general business targets with the project’s objectives and outcomes.
- Create a detailed project management plan and other project documents.
- Guide incoming and outgoing project files.
- Provide solutions to project-related issues.
- Maintain the project’s strategic direction.
- Help define the project’s scope.
- Set milestones and deadlines.
- Assist in the creation of budget and revenue estimates.
- Work directly with engineering team to set deadlines and priorities and ensure the timely delivery of products, new features, and releases.
- Facilitate the engineering process to translate project scope into executable tasks.
- Manage project resources and their costs, and manage project schedules between teams.
- Assign, prioritize, and supervise project tasks.
- Ensure the execution and review of project activities within deadline.
- Implement and manage changes to timeline, scope, and implementation plans.
- Detect, report, and fix issues whenever necessary.
- Identify, prevent (where possible), and manage risks.
- Track project performance using appropriate KPIs, metrics, tools, and techniques.
- Submit deliverables and ensure they adhere to quality standards.
- Perform any other relevant, project-related duties when needed.