- Prepare and record journal entries in QuickBooks and/or other financial management systems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain and balance general and subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and reconciling entries.
- Maintain and balance general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Coordinate monthly close activities and assist with the preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Assist in facilitation of accounting cycle to include preparation of appropriate supporting documentation of journal entries, payment requests, and bank reconciliations.
- Update, maintain, and ensure organization of all financial files (receipts, disbursements, invoices, financial reports, etc.) in accordance with Hala policies and filing standards.
- Implement and maintain reasonable internal financial controls and procedures. Ensure any established policies/procedures are being followed.
- Maintain and update the financial dashboard and prepare managerial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing financial data.
- Assist Finance & Grants Manager in financial management of Hala grant contracts, ensuring strict adherence to Hala policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations; includes ensuring that incurred costs are allowable and reasonable.
- Support Finance & Grants Manager in properly assigning costs to appropriate program classification codes.
- Assist the Finance & Grants Manager to facilitate proper and timely processing of payment requests.
- Manage accounts receivable (A/R) and accounts payable (A/P), including preparing aging reports, preparing and reconciling invoices, and scheduling disbursements and payments.
- Maintain fixed asset inventory.
- Facilitate the gathering of payroll supporting documents prior to payroll preparation.
- Comply with all legal requirements by keeping up to date with regulations and correspondence provided by relevant government entities; file appropriate reports; advise management on needed actions, as applicable.
- Prepare submission of all tax withholdings (payroll income tax, Social Security contributions) and corresponding reports (VAT reports) to relevant parties, with guidance from Hala’s external tax and regulatory advisors, as needed.
- Assist with financial management systems maintenance and controls.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
We are seeking a firmware engineer to develop new, cutting-edge IoT devices. The firmware engineer will be a key player in the overall product development process. We’re a distributed company with team members spanning the globe, but hardware development is being conducted in the Boston Metro-West area. This is a full-time position, with some limited travel. This is a contract-to-hire position. The start date is ASAP.
Lisbon Executive Administrator
- Serve as the main day-to-day point of contact between Hala Systems and our Portuguese law firm and other entities in Portugal, including government offices, utilities companies, etc. This includes regularly following up with local law firm regarding office setup, rules and regulations, employee work visas, etc.
- Support and coordinate Hala team members’ move to Turkey from Portugal (other team members will be supporting as well, and this role involves coordination with both individuals moving to Lisbon and staff providing coordination support while still being based in Turkey, where Hala’s main office was previously based).
- Translate and interpret from English to Portuguese and Portuguese to English as needed (mainly informal day-to-day interpretation support)
- Assist team members in obtaining a NIF, opening a bank account in Lisbon, coordinating housing search, setting up utilities, etc.
- Handle all logistical and shipment coordination to Lisbon as needed.
- Serve as a buyer for a variety of purchasing transactions including materials, supplies, equipment, and services in Lisbon, for Hala’s program operations, office set-up and ongoing presence in Portugal. Includes identifying vendors and negotiating best vendor terms, pricing, and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements, in accordance to Hala compliance procedures.
- Research and identify coworking space for Hala Systems.
- Coordinate office activities and operations, ensuring maximum efficiency and compliance to local standards.
- Coordinate the schedule, appointments and bookings of Lisbon staff as it relates to visas, housing, and other relocation-related logistics etc.
- Maintain inventory of items purchased in Lisbon for Hala project operations and office presence.
- Other tasks as assigned.