# Hardware Engineer
We are seeking a Hardware Engineer to develop new, cutting-edge IoT devices. A strong candidate will have experience with at least one full hardware product development cycle and can take a product from design to production. You will join a cross-functional hardware team dedicated to building solutions for civilians living in conflict. The Hardware Engineer reports directly to the Lead Hardware Engineer, and interfaces with the Product, Design, and Operations teams.
# What you’ll do:
- Develop hardware and software for remote sensors and communication backhaul devices ranging from microcontroller and embedded Linux based targets.
- Quickly develop prototypes and proof-of-concept demos for new projects.
- Write software support for connectivity from devices to cloud backed IoT systems.
- Design electronics products for harsh environments.
- Hands on bring-up, debugging, and optimization of products.
- Manage compliance activities to obtain relevant regulatory approvals.
- Work within a cross-functional team structure where you collaborate with hardware engineers, software engineers, and product managers.
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, or from our hardware lab in Somerville, MA.
# Finance & Accounting
# Corporate Finance Manager
As the Corporate Finance Manager at Hala, you will play a critical role in shaping our long-term financial systems and processes. You will be responsible for executing the organization’s corporate finance function, including overseeing financial planning and forecasting, performing quantitative analysis of operational and financial data, assisting with corporate governance, contributing to corporate strategy development, and supporting cash and treasury management. You will closely work with Hala’s CFO and COO. As our first strategic finance position, you will have the opportunity to define and expand the role, and play an integral part in designing Hala’s financial planning processes and procedures from scratch.
# What you’ll do:
- Manage Hala’s corporate planning, budgeting, and forecasting activities, including the design and development of annual fiscal budgets, rolling 12-month forecasts, headcount plans, and long-term financial models.
- Perform quantitative analysis of Hala’s operational and financial data to determine how to most effectively utilize company resources, improve profitability, and identify growth opportunities.
- Provide support to Hala’s COO & CFO on corporate governance matters, including creating agendas for board meetings, developing board materials, collating and distributing board packs, liaising with relevant directors, working with legal counsel to produce and distribute board minutes, arranging for signatures, and following up on any post-meeting actions required.
- Work with Hala’s accountant to optimize cash management between different accounts and entities in order to optimize day-to-day business operations.
- Assist with fundraising strategy, including developing marketing materials and supporting financial models.