# Analytics & AI Team
# Jr. AI/ML Data Scientist
We are no longer accepting applications for this role. Candidates who have applied will be hearing from us within two weeks.
# Compliance Team
# Compliance Manager, Budgets
Application deadline: March 20 2021
The Compliance Manager, Budgets is an integral member of the Compliance Team and will report to the DIrector of Compliance. The responsibilities for the Compliance Manager position are split into two main areas: cost proposal management and grant & contract management.
What you’ll do:
- Provide assistance to the proposal team and lead the cost proposal development for solicitations and task orders including overall budgeting, Hala compliance, donor compliance and other requirements related to the successful application, operation, and management of the project.
- Handle budget proposal development from start to finish including coordinating the review process among various teams and obtaining signatures as needed.
- Improve Hala’s budgeting tools by modifying and developing new budget templates.
- Lead budget justification documentation for proposals and concept notes and create a database of budget justifications for future cost proposal narratives.
- Coordinate budget information with the rest of the team for handover after winning a bid.
- Manage and oversee the full award cycle, from contract signature to oversight of sub-awards, budget tracking, reporting, and program close-out activities.
- Stay abreast of changes in donor regulations and collaborate with Program Officers on compliance issues related to program management.
- Provide support with contract drafting, subcontract drafting, and donor communications.
- Support the development of partnership agreements including teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, MOUs, etc.
- Handle communication with partners and donors pertaining to budget and compliance as needed.
# Engineering Team
# Sr. Software Engineer, Lisbon, Portugal
Application deadline: March 15 2021
We are looking for a senior-level Software Engineer with experience developing full stack applications. Our existing stack is built on the AWS platform. Most apps use React, Node and GraphQL and our data pipelines harness a variety of exciting technologies like IoT, event-based architectures, and AI/ML. This role reports directly to the Lead Software Engineer, and interfaces with the Product, Design and Analytics teams.
# What you’ll do:
- Write clean, maintainable code in a collaborative environment.
- Maintain security best practices, both personally, and in the development of applications.
- Communicate progress throughout the development process.
- Participate in scoping, planning, and process related meetings and conversations regularly.
- Work with team members to create realistic estimates for meeting project requirements.
- Refactor code as part of regular maintenance.
- Write testable code and documentation as part of the development process.
- Troubleshoot bugs and apply fixes in a timely manner.
- Research technologies and best practices in order to make technical and architectural decisions.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to ensure timelines are clear, and notify the team in the event of delays.
# Sr. Software Engineer, East Coast US
The application period has concluded and we will reach out to applicants within two weeks.