# Engineering Manager
As the Engineering Manager at Hala, you will manage projects for both our hardware and software teams, working closely with upper management and individual engineers to execute project plans while ensuring the efficacy of the engineering teams. As the first Engineering Manager on the team, you will have the opportunity to define and expand the role, playing an integral part in the continued development of engineering at Hala.
# What you’ll do:
- Manage the execution of project plans by assigning tasks to engineers while keeping an eye on project budgets and timelines.
- Develop, automate, and architect management processes to improve task management, resource planning, and broader project management.
- Ensure adherence to development best practices.
- Create, maintain and improve technical project documentation.
- Work with the Director of Engineering to ensure implementation of strategic technology initiatives.
- Apply technical expertise when defining sprints, assessing timelines, and assigning tasks.
- Optionally participate in code reviews, and dive in with engineers to debug complex systems when needed.
- Work remotely from anywhere on the US East Coast time zone, or from our offices in sunny Lisbon, Portugal.
The Associate Director of Talent & Culture position is now closed. We are reviewing applications and will be reaching out to candidates soon!
# Senior Product Designer
As the Senior Product Designer at Hala, you will lead our design projects across the entire product lifecycle, working closely with product managers, engineers and our creative technical team. As our first design-focused position on the product team, you will have the opportunity to define and expand the role, playing an integral part in the continued development of design at Hala.
# What you’ll do:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Craft the vision for new products and communicate how it fits into the lives of the end-users.
- Work with small cross-functional teams, partnering closely with Product, Engineering and business stakeholders to find elegant solutions to some of the world’s most difficult challenges.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, taking responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Provide thought leadership to develop the right design strategy for each of the products in your portfolio.
- Rapidly prototype multiple concepts, knowing when to create and combine flows, sketches, wireframes and pixel-perfect specs.
- Work from our offices in sunny Lisbon, Portugal. If you need to relocate, we will make accommodations for a remote start until it’s safe for you to travel.