- Prepare and record journal entries in QuickBooks and/or other financial management systems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain and balance general and subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and reconciling entries.
- Maintain and balance general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Coordinate monthly close activities and assist with the preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Assist in facilitation of accounting cycle to include preparation of appropriate supporting documentation of journal entries, payment requests, and bank reconciliations.
- Update, maintain, and ensure organization of all financial files (receipts, disbursements, invoices, financial reports, etc.) in accordance with Hala policies and filing standards.
- Implement and maintain reasonable internal financial controls and procedures. Ensure any established policies/procedures are being followed.
- Maintain and update the financial dashboard and prepare managerial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing financial data.
- Assist Finance & Grants Manager in financial management of Hala grant contracts, ensuring strict adherence to Hala policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations; includes ensuring that incurred costs are allowable and reasonable.
- Support Finance & Grants Manager in properly assigning costs to appropriate program classification codes.
- Assist the Finance & Grants Manager to facilitate proper and timely processing of payment requests.
- Manage accounts receivable (A/R) and accounts payable (A/P), including preparing aging reports, preparing and reconciling invoices, and scheduling disbursements and payments.
- Maintain fixed asset inventory.
- Facilitate the gathering of payroll supporting documents prior to payroll preparation.
- Comply with all legal requirements by keeping up to date with regulations and correspondence provided by relevant government entities; file appropriate reports; advise management on needed actions, as applicable.
- Prepare submission of all tax withholdings (payroll income tax, Social Security contributions) and corresponding reports (VAT reports) to relevant parties, with guidance from Hala’s external tax and regulatory advisors, as needed.
- Assist with financial management systems maintenance and controls.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
We are seeking a firmware engineer to develop new, cutting-edge IoT devices. The firmware engineer will be a key player in the overall product development process. We’re a distributed company with team members spanning the globe, but hardware development is being conducted in the Boston Metro-West area. This is a full-time position, with some limited travel. This is a contract-to-hire position. The start date is ASAP.
Lisbon Executive Administrator
- Serve as the main day-to-day point of contact between Hala Systems and our Portuguese law firm and other entities in Portugal, including government offices, utilities companies, etc. This includes regularly following up with local law firm regarding office setup, rules and regulations, employee work visas, etc.
- Support and coordinate Hala team members’ move to Turkey from Portugal (other team members will be supporting as well, and this role involves coordination with both individuals moving to Lisbon and staff providing coordination support while still being based in Turkey, where Hala’s main office was previously based).
- Translate and interpret from English to Portuguese and Portuguese to English as needed (mainly informal day-to-day interpretation support)
- Assist team members in obtaining a NIF, opening a bank account in Lisbon, coordinating housing search, setting up utilities, etc.
- Handle all logistical and shipment coordination to Lisbon as needed.
- Serve as a buyer for a variety of purchasing transactions including materials, supplies, equipment, and services in Lisbon, for Hala’s program operations, office set-up and ongoing presence in Portugal. Includes identifying vendors and negotiating best vendor terms, pricing, and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements, in accordance to Hala compliance procedures.
- Research and identify coworking space for Hala Systems.
- Coordinate office activities and operations, ensuring maximum efficiency and compliance to local standards.
- Coordinate the schedule, appointments and bookings of Lisbon staff as it relates to visas, housing, and other relocation-related logistics etc.
- Maintain inventory of items purchased in Lisbon for Hala project operations and office presence.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Coordinate the cross-functional team throughout all project management phases of a particular project.
- Ensure that all team members have the required information and resources to carry out their tasks effectively.
- Monitor the team’s work time and timesheets.
- Manage large and diverse teams and projects (sometimes simultaneously).
- Lead daily/weekly stand-ups and meetings.
- Meet with individual team members to find and fix any project-specific issues, training and workshop facilitation.
- Foster a work culture based on accountability.
- Manage communication with external and internal stakeholders (customers, sponsors, executives, etc.).
- Engage and guide stakeholders.
- Organize and participate in customer meetings.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate communications between all company units to ensure customer needs are met.
General Business Skills
- Help maintain business relationships.
- Contribute to the development of the company, its processes, and its projects.
- Recommend further improvements to company and program-specific processes.
- Align the company’s general business targets with the project’s objectives and outcomes.
- Create a detailed project management plan and other project documents.
- Guide incoming and outgoing project files.
- Provide solutions to project-related issues.
- Maintain the project’s strategic direction.
- Help define the project’s scope.
- Set milestones and deadlines.
- Assist in the creation of budget and revenue estimates.
- Work directly with engineering team to set deadlines and priorities and ensure the timely delivery of products, new features, and releases.
- Facilitate the engineering process to translate project scope into executable tasks.
- Manage project resources and their costs, and manage project schedules between teams.
- Assign, prioritize, and supervise project tasks.
- Ensure the execution and review of project activities within deadline.
- Implement and manage changes to timeline, scope, and implementation plans.
- Detect, report, and fix issues whenever necessary.
- Identify, prevent (where possible), and manage risks.
- Track project performance using appropriate KPIs, metrics, tools, and techniques.
- Submit deliverables and ensure they adhere to quality standards.
- Perform any other relevant, project-related duties when needed.
- Work with product owners to determine requirements, write user stories, and develop strategic direction.
- Work with the product team to ensure the requirements and acceptance criteria are adequately defined.
- Develop a deep understanding of customers’ needs and wants.
- Be able to understand the underlying technologies of Hala’s products and work with the technical architects and development leads.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of how all of Hala’s products work from both internal and external perspectives.
- Work with stakeholders on features prioritization and planning how those priorities are organized.
- Define implementation resources and schedules.
- Work with the engineering team to schedule features and fixes to be delivered for each release and each sprint in the release cycle.
- Update the product development schedule each sprint to take into account any delays, changes to features, changes in priorities and changes in team resources to ensure the business is kept up-to-date on expected release dates.
- Run the "Ready for Dev" and "Ready for Test" meetings with stakeholders to ensure that there is a common understanding of what needs to be delivered and that what gets delivered meets the previously defined acceptance criteria.
- Participate in the Daily Stand-up meetings to ensure that the development teams are on track and to ensure that any impediments are quickly addressed.
- Run the end-of-release debrief process to ensure the team continually improves
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the market, technological and industry trends related to Hala’s products and R&D business line.
- Look for process inefficiencies and work to streamline them in cooperation with the rest of the team.
- Provide any necessary webinar or on-site trainings to customers.
- Ensure smooth delivery of all products in the release schedule.
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for new products.
- Assist marketing/commercializing Hala’s products and devising go-to-market strategies.